Job Description and Duties – Lifeguard
Reports to: Fort Thomas Swim Club Manager/Asst Manager
Summary/Objective: Responsible for monitoring the pool while on duty
- Provide surveillance of guests primarily in aquatic areas but also on decks and within the facility.
- Enforce the rules and regulations and render appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Maintain an up-to-date certification.
- Advise management of unsafe and/or unsanitary conditions.
- Assist guests in a polite and quick manner.
- Perform daily routine duties and maintenance of pool to ensure neat and orderly appearance including watering plants and trash removal.
- Attend all trainings offered by management.
- Assist in removal and cleaning of fecal matter in the pool.
- Current license. Training available before season at our facility.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care, sensitive consideration and efficient service to guests.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a humid environment and/or be immersed in water for extended periods of time.
- Position sometimes requires the ability to lift, push, and pull at least 50 lbs.