Job Description and Duties – Pool Manager
Reports to: Fort Thomas Swim Club Board
Summary/Objective: Seeking candidates whom have a commitment to, customer service, professionalism and the highest level of integrity. Responsible for day-to-day oversight of pool operations.
- Staffs the pool for the days, hours, and events established by the Board.
- Creates employee schedules and distributes in a timely manner.
- Recruits, trains, and develops staff.
- Develops, supervises and schedules all training for staff.
- Monitors, updates, and maintains accurate records of staff certifications.
- Oversees employee training on POS usage.
- Oversees employee training on food storage, preparation, and service.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the pool.
- Provides certain pool maintenance.
- Maintains accurate records and reports relating to pool maintenance.
- Monitors pool operations to adhere to all federal, state and local safety regulations.
- Ensures the safety of all members.
- Enforces all facility rules and regulations.
- Is visible to guests while on-duty.
- Moves about the pool deck and positively engages with guests.
- Responds to first aid and emergency situations.
- Maintains a clean and safe pool deck at all times.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the concession stands.
- Responds to all member inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Acts in a professional and respectful manner toward staff and members.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with the Board.
- Oversees end-of-shift cash-handling procedures.
- Ensures dual-control is maintained in preparing cash deposits.
- Works with Board Treasurer to ensure adequate cash flow. Monitors budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Prepares monthly expense/income reports for the Board.
- Responsible for preseason activities to prepare the facility for opening day.
- Responsible for postseason activities to prepare the facility for closing.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Board.
- Strong management skills
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Able to multitask
- Able to take direction
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises assistant managers, front desk workers, concession, and lifeguards.
Physical and Mental Demands: This role requires physical activity, and the employee must be able to lift or move up to 25 pounds. The role may also require stooping or kneeling.
Expected Hours of Work: Pool is open Memorial Day through Labor Day, possibly 2 weekend days in September. Monday-Friday: 11:00 am – 9:00 pm. Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm. Managers and assistants work 4 (6 hour) shifts per week, 9am-3pm or 3pm-9pm. Opening activities start in early May through closing the week of Labor Day.
Required Education and Experience: Able to swim; hold current certification in Red Cross, YMCA or StarGuard Lifeguarding, CPR, and First Aid. Training coordinated at our facility.
Preferred Education and Experience: Previous pool management experience; experience supervising others.
Compensation: Competitive salary dependent on experience. Family membership to FTSC provided while employed. Certification reimbursement available if taken at our facility during preseason group training.