Job Description: Head Dive Coach, Fort Thomas Swim Club
The Fort Thomas Swim Club is a private seasonal swim club. In past years the club has fielded a team of 100+ swimmers who have successfully competed in the Northern Kentucky Swim League. We are currently seeking a coach who will continue our tradition of providing our team members with a meaningful and fun swim team experience while encouraging the development of a love and appreciation of the sport of diving.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
* Be an active and engaged coach.
* Possess superior communication skills to work with divers of various ages and swim abilities, parents, volunteers and pool staff.
* Utilize organizational skills in the management of the coaching team and in meet preparation.
* Be reliable and present at all Dive Functions.
* Will create a positive experience for our swimmers by improving their individual swim skills, fostering a team oriented atmosphere, and understanding that FUN is the ultimate goal.
* Have familiarity or learn the TeamUnify software.
* Have previous coaching experience.
Time Commitment includes attending and organizing all Dive Team Functions, including but not limited to:
- Season starts May 17th (Registration) – Championship Finals July 26th
- Practice 10-12 Monday – Thursday
- Coordinate with the Head Manager and Swim & Dive Chair in preparation for all home dive meets
- Maintain an accurate team roster and submit in a timely manner all team entries prior to each home and away meet.
- Meets currently scheduled for Tuesday June 13, June 20, June 27, (Wed) July 5, July 11, and July 18.
* All Star Meet: July 19.
* Championship Meet: July 25 & 26.
* Additional Events:
-Meet the team night: Wednesday May 17, 6:30 – 8:30
– Fourth of July Parade (approx times are 9am – noon)
– Season kickoff party: Thursday June 8 – coaches would assist in the organizing of this event.
– End of Season Party, TBD